942 ответов в теме

#51 haksaw

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 03:03  

haksaw

Заслуженный ветеран

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишкаФишкаФишка
  • 1 787

Пошаговая РПГ? Да неужто! Сейчас посмотрим, что тут почём.

#52 Jahont

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 10:49  

Jahont

Заслуженный ветеран

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишкаФишкаФишка

Пошаговая РПГ? Да неужто! Сейчас посмотрим, что тут почём.

Как проснёшся - отписывайся, какой экспириенс получил. )

my sincere apologies for the inconvience and frustration in the mean time.

Ничего страшного, просто маленькое временное неудобство.

Урра! Посты "склеиваются"! )

Изменено: Jahont, 10 Декабрь 2012 - 10:51

#53 Khagrim

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 14:10  

Khagrim

Новичок

• Участник
  • Фишка

Очень жаль, что не 2Д, смотрелось бы намного симпатичнее, чем сейчас.

#54 Algea

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 14:39  

Algea

Почетный посетитель

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишка

Очень жаль, что не 2Д, смотрелось бы намного симпатичнее, чем сейчас.

Если мне не изменяет память, 2д в нынешних реалиях гораздо дороже в разработке, нежели лицензирование и работа с уже имеющимся 3д движком. Когда в команде 4 человека рисовать задники на игру, в которой столько контента - непозволительная роскошь.

Впрочем, я не знаю, чем руководствовались разработчики, так что мое предположение может быть далеко от истины. :)

Я, кстати, тоже больше люблю 2д. :P

#55 Khagrim

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 15:08  

Khagrim

Новичок

• Участник
  • Фишка

Экономические причины мне понятны, просто дешевое 3д совсем уж кустарно выглядит.

#56 Jahont

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 15:10  

Jahont

Заслуженный ветеран

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишкаФишкаФишка

Меня волнует исключительно время загрузки. Скилчеки-скилчеками, а разные варианты попробовать - милое дело.

Поставил графон на минимум - ускорились. Но всё же медленно, на мой вкус.

#57 Vince

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 17:28  

Vince

IronTowerStudio

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишка

Экономические причины мне понятны, просто дешевое 3д совсем уж кустарно выглядит.

I'd say it looks better than cheap 2D. Nothing beats handpainted backgrounds of the Infinity Engine games (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape), but such art is very, very expensive. When we were shopping for concept art, we were quoted $100-150 for a quick black-n-white sketch, $200-300 for a color piece. Something as detailed as the IE-style backgrounds would have probably cost us $2,000+ a piece. It's nothing for a real stuido like, say, Obsidian, but it's a lot of money for an indie developer.

Even with the portraits, we were quoted 200-250 per color portrait of decent quality, but we needed at least 40, so that's $8,000-10,000 right there. We were incredibly lucky to find a professional artist (well, technically, he found us) who was kind enough to offer to do the portraits for free to support our effort.

Меня волнует исключительно время загрузки.

Will be fixed.

#58 haksaw

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 19:45  

haksaw

Заслуженный ветеран

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишкаФишкаФишка
  • 1 787

Как проснёшся - отписывайся, какой экспириенс получил. )

Ну играл я не очень много пока, Но кое-какой получил =) Раз тут представитель разработчиков в треде, то буду писать сразу на инглише, if I may :P

First of all, combat and what flaws I've found there so far.

Shields. Oh, shields are awful from any angle you look at them. They lower your THC, turning you into a blind kitten unless you use a dagger which makes you an ordinary kitten =) Block itself is surprisingly uneffective compared to dodge (with 50 dodge and light armor I manage to evade like 3\4 of incomming hits, while with 50 block I block about 4-5 times during average battle against one attacker, not to mention block is not complete invulnerability like dodge), which is strange since hiding behind shield is way easier than doding a blow. And last, but definately not least, is combat use of shields. Shield blow can knock down and knock away, but you can't choose! You obviously want to use knockdown as first move to beat on downed foe, but there's a big chance you'll knock him away, forcing you to waste more AP to close in. And if you want to create distance for whatever reason (I didn't find that reason, but oh well =)), you may end up leaving opponent still lying right next to you.

From shields to avoidance in general. You have dodge and block, but where is parry? Without parry all 2H users are forced to follow barbarian archetype. While barbarians are not that bad at all, won't we be lonely without popular knights in shiny armor?

Couple words on armor penetration. I can poison enemies even if my dagger failed to penetrate an armor. How is this possible? And disarm. How disarm actually works? If disarm is classic (you hit the weapon), then disarming sledgehammers with daggers seems pretty strange. If you hit arms with you weapon, then again how can I disarm without doing actual damage?

About tactics in general. I didn't notice any position advantages/disadvantages. Like striking from side or rear, surrounding bonuses\penalties and so on. Was I just not paying enough attention?

All in all combat system looks rather plain and simple and in dire need of at least perks of some kind.

Now about social part.

The very first thing that caught my eye was surprisingly low level of interactivity. I couldn't even talk to anyone I see, let alone rob or kill them. When I saw a chest that couldn't be opened... Isn't it a crime to create uninterractable chests in an RPG?! :lol: And the story goes on. Any action you take is in form of a dialog. It's not bad once in a while, but all the time? When I want to sneak into a house I want to actually sneak past guards, not pick some option and wait for results.

And all those fast transitions. Can't say for anyone, but it almost totally breaks immersion for me. When I played a thief, it took me some time to find my own guild simply because I never walked out of it on my own two feet. I couldn't tell where half of the events took place because I was thrown right into the fray. Most of the "missions" looked like interactive comic book rather than ordinary RPG gameplay. That was the major letdown for me... I want to control my character all the time and in a way I want to. Actually, quite a bit of roleplaying is done outside of dialogs and character interactions.

Oh well, all this came out of 2 or 3 hours in the game, I'll continue when I have time :P Haven't touched crafting yet, never liked crafting in games, apart from Mana Khemia series maybe... So I'm yet to judge nonlinarity of plot, but I will =)

Изменено: haksaw, 10 Декабрь 2012 - 19:48

#59 Jahont

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 20:55  

Jahont

Заслуженный ветеран

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишкаФишкаФишка

Видимо, к сказанному были какие-то геймдизайнерские ограничения, или финансового плана. Или балансового, по боёвке.

Всё равно, при всём при этом - игра у меня вызывает сладкие ощущения. ))

#60 Vince

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 22:15  

Vince

IronTowerStudio

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишка

Shields. Oh, shields are awful from any angle you look at them. They lower your THC, turning you into a blind kitten unless you use a dagger which makes you an ordinary kitten =) Block itself is surprisingly uneffective compared to dodge (with 50 dodge and light armor I manage to evade like 3\4 of incomming hits, while with 50 block I block about 4-5 times during average battle against one attacker, not to mention block is not complete invulnerability like dodge), which is strange since hiding behind shield is way easier than doding a blow.

I wouldn't call a modest THC penalty turning you into a blind kitten. You trade protection for THC. The more protection you want, the more you have to pay. Basically, you get 'nothing for nothing'.

Originally (In R1 and R2), shields absorbed all damage and were a 'mirror' skill of dodge, which is something that went against the main design: dodgers are hard to hit, but easy to kill, blockers (usually a heavy armor option) are easy to hit, but hard to kill. That's the idea and the new shields are a much better fit.

The testers felt that block and dodge are well balanced and according to a poll on our forums (limited as it is), people think that they are equally effective. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I'd suggest playing the demo for a couple of days before forming a final opinion on shields and block.

And last, but definately not least, is combat use of shields. Shield blow can knock down and knock away, but you can't choose! You obviously want to use knockdown as first move to beat on downed foe, but there's a big chance you'll knock him away, forcing you to waste more AP to close in. And if you want to create distance for whatever reason (I didn't find that reason, but oh well =)), you may end up leaving opponent still lying right next to you.

Nothing for nothing. Dropping the enemy at your feet would have been too easy. As for why you'd *want* to create the distance, try the fights where you're surrounded and outnumbered. It will surely come in handy.

From shields to avoidance in general. You have dodge and block, but where is parry? Without parry all 2H users are forced to follow barbarian archetype.

Why? Is offense not the best defense? Heavy armor is designed to absorb plenty of punishment and requires no skill, so you can invest more in a weapon skill of your choice and critical strike, killing people way before they get a chance to kill you. Armor won't save you, but it will help you last long enough to kill the other guys.

Couple words on armor penetration. I can poison enemies even if my dagger failed to penetrate an armor. How is this possible?

An oversight that's already been reported and will be fixed asap. No passive and special effects (except for the chance to split a shield) should kick in on block.

And disarm. How disarm actually works?

You target the hands and force the enemy to drop the weapon.

If disarm is classic (you hit the weapon), then disarming sledgehammers with daggers seems pretty strange. If you hit arms with you weapon, then again how can I disarm without doing actual damage?

For balance reasons, to avoid you spamming disarm attacks to kill.

About tactics in general. I didn't notice any position advantages/disadvantages. Like striking from side or rear, surrounding bonuses\penalties and so on. Was I just not paying enough attention?

No position advantages/disadvantages.

All in all combat system looks rather plain and simple and in dire need of at least perks of some kind.

Well, it's not chess, but I daresay it's not as simple as it may appear after a few hours. Play a bit, beat the demo a few times (for fighters seeking challenge, I'd recommend the Imperial Guards and the thieves questlines), kill everyone at the mine and the raiders' camp, then we'll talk.

The very first thing that caught my eye was surprisingly low level of interactivity. I couldn't even talk to anyone I see, let alone rob or kill them. When I saw a chest that couldn't be opened...

:gasp:

Isn't it a crime to create uninterractable chests in an RPG?! :lol: And the story goes on. Any action you take is in form of a dialog. It's not bad once in a while, but all the time? When I want to sneak into a house I want to actually sneak past guards, not pick some option and wait for results.

But you don't really sneak in RPGs, do you? You click a button, your character becomes ghost-like, then you send him to walk (or crawl) past the guards in broad daylight. We had a system for turn-based sneaking, but we ran out of time and had to go with text-based, which works fairly well, but isn't for everyone.

Same goes for interaction. Running around and looking for chests and barrels to loot isn't a good example of it, is it?

And all those fast transitions. Can't say for anyone, but it almost totally breaks immersion for me.

You are not alone, but the game is designed to be replayable (assuming people like it in the first place) and walking back and forth does nothing but wastes the player's time. The idea is to make a character, throw him/her into the gameworld, and see what happens. If he/she dies, start another without wasting much time to walk between NPCs.

Actually, quite a bit of roleplaying is done outside of dialogs and character interactions.

Do tell.

Anyway, keep us posted and thank you for playing.

Изменено: Vince, 10 Декабрь 2012 - 22:15

#61 iZerw

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 22:18  

iZerw

Продвинутый активист

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишкаФишка

Мне кажется щит тут идет только как некий бонус к DR, ведь на доспехах с большим DR идет существенный штраф к доджу, поэтому танка-укланиста сделать не получится. Насчет дагера, если им порезать хорошо запястье все что угодно выпадет ( в теории).

#62 Thaecc

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 22:26  

Thaecc

Почетный посетитель

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишка

Мне кажется щит тут идет только как некий бонус к DR, ведь на доспехах с большим DR идет существенный штраф к доджу, поэтому танка-укланиста сделать не получится. Насчет дагера, если им порезать хорошо запястье все что угодно выпадет ( в теории).

Вопрос был в том, что дизарм не наносит урон, мол если бьешь по рукам - то почему нет урона :) Ну и ответ соответственно: Для баланса, что бы не спамить дизармом убивая врага :)

#63 Vince

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 22:35  

Vince

IronTowerStudio

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишка

Мне кажется щит тут идет только как некий бонус к DR, ведь на доспехах с большим DR идет существенный штраф к доджу, поэтому танка-укланиста сделать не получится.

Pretty much.

The entire system is built on a simple principle - Damage vs THC. You can see it in the attacks - fast, normal, power - the higher the damage, the less THC. I, for example, favor power attacks and I'm ok with 50% to hit chance. I don't hit all the time, but when I do it counts. Oscar (another designer) favors fast attack and prefers to hit more often at the expense of damage. You can see it in the weapons balance - daggers do the least damage but they are fast and easier to wield (THC bonus). You can see it in the overall combat design - fast, lightly armored, hard to hit, easy to kill opponents vs slow, heavy armored, easy to hit, hard to kill tanks.

A shield without penalties breaks the system. It turns slow, heavy armored tanks into dodgers, basically. They block what they can and what goes through has to go through armor next. That's why we changed it.

#64 Operator Sandwich

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 23:06  

Operator Sandwich

• Модератор
  • 2 835

A shield without penalties breaks the system. It turns slow, heavy armored tanks into dodgers, basically. They block what they can and what goes through has to go through armor next. That's why we changed it.

It's understood that you had to think of balance, but still, it seems more logical that a lightly armored char would rather go for some throw/ranged attacks before engaging melee against a heavy armored fighter. And it seems ok, due to the difference in AP usage. Maybe you need some sort of counter attack, or parry with additional passive bonus that comes with light armor or special weapon types? This way a med armor, would still have it with significantly reduced chance and effect, and heavy will get their high block rate with no parry at all.

Have you thought of flanking system? It is indeed difficult to implement without ruining the balance, however could improve tactics. For example, once 2 chars engage in melee, and A desides to move away from B opponent, the B opponent can get a bonus hit, while the A will have increased crit/hit chance or even futher - by decreasing block chance for B. I mean, you would normally try to flank a shieldcarrier if you can.

P.S. Text blocks that pop up over hero's head, sometimes are quite hard to see because of no background. Even some transparent one could do the trick.

#65 Algea

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 23:39  

Algea

Почетный посетитель

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишка

TheShinigami, сидишь, играешь, а нам не рассказываешь, как тебе. :lol:  Это как называется? Единоличие это называется. Как тебе, понравилось-не понравилось? Что понравилось, что не понравилось?

Мне вот например нравится, что меня переносят с место на место во время диалогов - повествование получается непрерывным и правда похожим на интерактивную книгу (были такие в моем лохматом детстве - когда читаешь-читаешь,а потом выбираешь, по какому пути идти, и переходишь на соответствующую страницу - продолжаешь чтение. Совершенно незабываемое впечатление, до сих пор помню, как книжонка эта в мягком переплете с отрывающимися страницами выглядела). При игре за торговца у меня фриплей начался сразу после общения с главой гильдии убийц. То есть, можно было выбрать опцию в диалоге к лормастеру отправиться, а можно было проигнорировать ее и потопать шататься по городу. Там-то я и насобирала приключений на седалище. Кстати, мини-квест с поганцами, продающими свой шмот/оружие гораздо дешевле, закончился не так, как я думала. Я-то расчитывала прижучить их за торговлю без лицензии и отжать бабла за крышу, а не вышло, вогнали мне перо под ребра. :D

Вообще, сленг такой не подходит респектабельному торговцу. Так что - пришла я с проверкой их торговой деятельности, чтобы по факту предложить взаимовыгодное сотрудничество, но мы не нашли взаимопонимания, так что меня показали в ежевечерней криминальной хронике. :lol:  :ph34r:

#66 haksaw

Опубликовано 10 Декабрь 2012 - 23:41  

haksaw

Заслуженный ветеран

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишкаФишкаФишка
  • 1 787

Dropping the enemy at your feet would have been too easy.

That depends on chances, no one talks about 100%. It's just unpredictability of what to expect make this move pretty useless.

try the fights where you're surrounded and outnumbered. It will surely come in handy.

How? Since you've already said you don't have any position penalties, you'll just trade your 3AP for 2 enemy's AP which he'll spend to cover the distance. It will be a bit better if you cripple him beforehand, still not that great. Well, if spears could reach for 2 squares, that would be usefull for some setups, but they strangely don't.

killing people way before they get a chance to kill you.

With dodgers that can actually not be the case...

For balance reasons, to avoid you spamming disarm attacks to kill.

You misunderstood a little. Disarm DO damage. And I can spam disarm to kill someone if I'm crazy enough. I'm talking about situation, when this damage didn't penetrate an armor. I do, say. 2 damage with dagger, which is absorbed by armor, but I still disarm. I doubt armor scratching can actually scare someone enough to drop their weapon :lol:

I'd recommend the Imperial Guards and the thieves questlines), kill everyone at the mine and the raiders' camp, then we'll talk.

Ok, I played thief, but Imperial Guard sounds like a nice character to tests combat setups, I'll start with him.

You click a button, your character becomes ghost-like, then you send him to walk (or crawl) past the guards in broad daylight.

That really depends on a game... Still it's not about difficulty, but feeling that you hold your fate in your own hands or something =)

Running around and looking for chests and barrels to loot isn't a good example of it, is it?

Actually, it is. No one needs some apples from a barrel or beggar's rags from a hut, but knowing they are there and you can actually take them if you want means a lot more than it seems at the first glance. 

Do tell.

Even without talking about games like elder scrolls, where I barely do any quests at all, you may, say, imagine that you caharacter is afraid of mice and never get close to any of them. Or go kill some thugs without any quests, just because you can't tolerate the presence of thugs in the city. Or you can actually give money to the poor through steal interaction :lol: Whatever you can think of, there are plenty of things, limited only by your imagination and, well, the game itself =)

A shield without penalties breaks the system.

The question is, what system. Heavy armored tank with a shield should have an upper hand in combat, it's just common sense. If you want to fight a lot you should create such a character. If you want to walk the road of assasin killing from shadows it's only normal that you won't stand a chance against armored knight without some dirty tricks. But it seems you're trying to make them equally viable. And I'm not talking about shields without penalties, they just don't serve their purpose in my eyes right now. But oh well, I'll go check blocking again =)

Совершенно незабываемое впечатление, до сих пор помню, как книжонка эта в мягком переплете с отрывающимися страницами выглядела

Почитай интерактивные новеллки что ли, благо подобного добра навалом :lol:

Изменено: haksaw, 10 Декабрь 2012 - 23:45

#67 Vince

Опубликовано 11 Декабрь 2012 - 00:12  

Vince

IronTowerStudio

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишка

It's understood that you had to think of balance, but still, it seems more logical that a lightly armored char would rather go for some throw/ranged attacks before engaging melee against a heavy armored fighter.

By logical, I assume you mean realistic? It is, but RPGs are anything but. They are very abstract. Not as much as chess but still... It's logical to expect a single blow to the head (especially those caused by two-handed axes) to be fatal but they are not. Why? Because an insta-kill isn't fun. Tactical gameplay requires you staying alive long enough to counter tactics and come up with your own.

Same goes for everything else. Logically, you'd think that wounds should affects one's performance and that a bleeding, almost dead man would not be able to fight as good as a fresh and healthy fighter, but if we go there and introduce penalties, getting wounds would be seen as "dead anyway" and lead to reloads. My favorite moments in RPGs are when my character is the last man standing, with a couple of hit points left. And so on, and so on.

Not saying that what we did makes perfect sense and is, like, totally awesome. I'm just explaining why we did things this way.

Overall, it's up to the player to decide how to play a light fighter. I too see such character as a ranger or a Riddick-like knife fighter, but if someone wants to grab a two-hander and charge in the middle of the fight, who am I to say no?

Maybe you need some sort of counter attack...

Dodge's passive trait is counter-attack. The higher your Dodge skill, the higher the chance to counter-attack on successful dodge (when your opponent is off balance). Also, some weapons offer counter-attack bonuses, so you really can play a Riddick.

Have you thought of flanking system?

Yes, but seeing that we don't have a party, such bonuses would first and foremost be used against the player (when he/she is surrounded, which happens more often than one would like) and the game is already very difficult.

P.S. Text blocks that pop up over hero's head, sometimes are quite hard to see because of no background. Even some transparent one could do the trick.

I'll talk to Nick. Thanks.

Кстати, мини-квест с поганцами, продающими свой шмот/оружие гораздо дешевле, закончился не так, как я думала. Я-то расчитывала прижучить их за торговлю без лицензии и отжать бабла за крышу, а не вышло, вогнали мне перо под ребра. :D

Вообще, сленг такой не подходит респектабельному торговцу. Так что - пришла я с проверкой их торговой деятельности, чтобы по факту предложить взаимовыгодное сотрудничество, но мы не нашли взаимопонимания, так что меня показали в ежевечерней криминальной хронике. :lol:  :ph34r:

Btw, if you kill them, Miltiades (the trader) might become your new best friend. You will be given a chance to cut his throat, of course, but if you don't, he'll work with you in Maadoran. He is a man with a plan, so keep it in mind.

That depends on chances, no one talks about 100%. It's just unpredictability of what to expect make this move pretty useless.

If it was predictable, it could be easily exploited, wouldn't you think?

How? Since you've already said you don't have any position penalties, you'll just trade your 3AP for 2 enemy's AP which he'll spend to cover the distance.

Getting up costs 2 points (I think), 1 square is 2AP.

With dodgers that can actually not be the case...

We've tested the demo for months and I've seen a number of dodge builds that finished the demo multiple times, so I can assure you that dodgers that kill fast are a viable option.

You misunderstood a little. Disarm DO damage. And I can spam disarm to kill someone if I'm crazy enough.

My apologies then. Old age kicking in.

Ok, I played thief, but Imperial Guard sounds like a nice character to tests combat setups, I'll start with him.

Start as a merc, go to the Imperial Guards in the morning and ask for a job.

Even without talking about games like elder scrolls, where I barely do any quests at all, you may, say, imagine that you caharacter is afraid of mice and never get close to any of them. Or go kill some thugs without any quests, just because you can't tolerate the presence of thugs in the city. Or you can actually give money to the poor through steal interaction :lol: Whatever you can think of, there are plenty of things, limited only by your imagination and, well, the game itself =)

http://www.uesp.net/...ion:Roleplaying

The question is, what system. Heavy armored tank with a shield should have an upper hand in combat, it's just common sense. If you want to fight a lot you should create such a character.

We'd rather give the player more options (even when it comes to characters that fight a lot). It's less interesting - in my opinion - if in order to play a fighter, you had to put on heavy armor and strap a shield.

Basically, it's realism vs game design.

But oh well, I'll go check blocking again =)

:salute:

#68 Algea

Опубликовано 11 Декабрь 2012 - 00:21  

Algea

Почетный посетитель

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишка

Почитай интерактивные новеллки что ли, благо подобного добра навалом :lol:

Хаха, спасибо за предложение! Когда мне в следующий раз понадобится твой совет - обязательно спрошу!  ^_^

А если серьезно - новеллы, которые я читала, не предлагают такой интерактивности и написаны гораздо хуже (в основном за счет перевода с японского). Про фриплей написала в своем сообщении, меня перескакивание из диалога в диалог не беспокоило, и лично для меня в игре достаточно возможностей проявить себя и найти приключений на задницу.

У нас просто разные понятия о том, что делает рпг - рпг. Для меня это выбор в диалогах, для тебя - боязнь мышей и отыгрывание роли в голове. Поэтому мне с Age of Decadence повезло, а у тебя возникла фрустрация. :P  :D  Хорошо, когда есть достаточно длинная демо-версия, чтобы сделать вывод о том, подходит ли игра. Все бы так. А то от мэтров не дождешься ничего, кроме трейлеров и обещаний.

Btw, if you kill them, Miltiades (the trader) might become your new best friend. You will be given a chance to cut his throat, of course, but if you don't, he'll work with you in Maadoran. He is a man with a plan, so keep it in mind.

О нет, так легко он не отделается. Перо под ребра уважаемые люди не прощают. :D  А на самом деле, у меня не получилось не то, что убить их, но даже поцарапать. Ничего, я отомщу.

#69 iZerw

Опубликовано 11 Декабрь 2012 - 00:39  

iZerw

Продвинутый активист

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишкаФишка

Haksaw, ты предлагаешь сделать щиты такими же эффективными как и додж. По сути блок будет тем же доджем для бойцов с тяжелыми доспехами, единственное, что щит могут разбить. Додж должен быть более эффективным, чтобы компенсировать малое DR легких доспехов.

#70 Operator Sandwich

Опубликовано 11 Декабрь 2012 - 02:07  

Operator Sandwich

• Модератор
  • 2 835

TheShinigami, сидишь, играешь, а нам не рассказываешь, как тебе. :lol:  Это как называется? Единоличие это называется. Как тебе, понравилось-не понравилось? Что понравилось, что не понравилось?

Да, я пока не могу выводы делать, мало слишком смотрел. :) В целом нравится, но я правда пока не в состоянии адекватно все оценить. Там много всего. Я например пока не понял, есть ли там именно книга рецептов алхимии. Не нашел.

Same goes for everything else. Logically, you'd think that wounds should affects one's performance and that a bleeding, almost dead man would not be able to fight as good as a fresh and healthy fighter, but if we go there and introduce penalties, getting wounds would be seen as "dead anyway" and lead to reloads. My favorite moments in RPGs are when my character is the last man standing, with a couple of hit points left. And so on, and so on.
Not saying that what we did makes perfect sense and is, like, totally awesome. I'm just explaining why we did things this way.
Overall, it's up to the player to decide how to play a light fighter. I too see such character as a ranger or a Riddick-like knife fighter, but if someone wants to grab a two-hander and charge in the middle of the fight, who am I to say no?

Yes, I see the point. Yet, I wasn't going over head in terms of "realistic". Merely mentioned, that if a person goes berserking with 2H in light, he should suffer the consequences of this deed. :) I have long left those ideas of bringing real-life threat and wound system ingame as something of a burden rather then a way of increasing game exp. In terms of Shields there might be a different approach.

Just a thought but, when a person attacks while been equipped with a shield, why not to make a check, whether or not he will recover his balance and stance. So he might get a next round penalty for blocking and yet otherwise the block ratio should be pretty high (of course I don't mean buckler). This way light fighter gets - a) passive counter chance when dodge + b ) higher hit chance if opponent fails his stance.

I like the thought of making Riddick. :D

P.S I was also thinking if the font size is all right for 1680x1050. Not pushing, but if you could think of scalable font size somewhere in future, it would ease up reading for guys with large screens or bad eye sight. :)

Изменено: TheShinigami, 11 Декабрь 2012 - 02:11

#71 Vince

Опубликовано 11 Декабрь 2012 - 04:06  

Vince

IronTowerStudio

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишка

Да, я пока не могу выводы делать, мало слишком смотрел. :) В целом нравится, но я правда пока не в состоянии адекватно все оценить. Там много всего. Я например пока не понял, есть ли там именно книга рецептов алхимии. Не нашел.

Talk to the alchemist at the inn. He'll set up up, give you the recipes and reagents to play with. He is a temporary, demo-only character, as in the full game the recipes and reagents will be a lot harder to come by and you'll get only a few in Teron.

Just a thought but, when a person attacks while been equipped with a shield, why not to make a check, whether or not he will recover his balance and stance. So he might get a next round penalty for blocking and yet otherwise the block ratio should be pretty high (of course I don't mean buckler). This way light fighter gets - a) passive counter chance when dodge + b ) higher hit chance if opponent fails his stance.

Good idea, I think. We'll play with it, see what happens.

P.S I was also thinking if the font size is all right for 1680x1050. Not pushing, but if you could think of scalable font size somewhere in future, it would ease up reading for guys with large screens or bad eye sight. :)

Fonts are a huge pain in Torque (the engine) and it doesn't handle different sizes well. So, no promises, but I'll see what we can do.

#72 Jahont

Опубликовано 11 Декабрь 2012 - 06:45  

Jahont

Заслуженный ветеран

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишкаФишкаФишка

О нет, так легко он не отделается. Перо под ребра уважаемые люди не прощают. :D  А на самом деле, у меня не получилось не то, что убить их, но даже поцарапать. Ничего, я отомщу.

Там надо в каморку забиться, и принимать товарищей в порядке живой (а потом мертвой) очереди. :lol:

#73 iZerw

Опубликовано 11 Декабрь 2012 - 08:52  

iZerw

Продвинутый активист

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишкаФишка

Там надо в каморку забиться, и принимать товарищей в порядке живой (а потом мертвой) очереди. :lol:

Я их ассасином (дагер и додж) порешал в открытую, только сеть использовал. Еще мерком с копьем, пока одного бил, бругой просто подойти не мог.

#74 Thaecc

Опубликовано 11 Декабрь 2012 - 12:34  

Thaecc

Почетный посетитель

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишка

Я их ассасином (дагер и додж) порешал в открытую, только сеть использовал. Еще мерком с копьем, пока одного бил, бругой просто подойти не мог.

А я ассассином когда осталось 7 ХП испугался, одел на себя легионерский доспех, шлем, взял щит и забился в угол, когда резались гильдией ассассинов на Имперских стражей :)

Изменено: Thaecc, 11 Декабрь 2012 - 12:34

#75 Praudmur

Опубликовано 11 Декабрь 2012 - 14:49  

Praudmur

Советник гильдии флуда

• Завсегдатай
  • ФишкаФишкаФишка

Сделал себе и разработчикам подарок - заказал 40$ версию. Теперь буду придумывать филлера - встретите в игре, не мочите! =)

Привет!

Насколько мы поняли, вы используете блокировщик рекламы в вашем браузере. Скорее всего, это AdBlock или AdBlock Plus.

Учитывая, сколько агрессивной рекламы можно встретить на различных сайтах, это, возможно, и оправданно.

Однако Riot Pixels — пока ещё небольшой сайт, мы существуем в основном на деньги, получаемые от различных рекламодателей. Пользователей же с установленным AB/ABP на Riot Pixels сейчас — более 30%. Это очень много.

У блокировщиков рекламы есть еще одно плохое свойство — у вас может «поехать» дизайн или перестанут показываться скриншоты.

Мы не хотим предпринимать активных действий в отношении блокировщиков рекламы (например, закрывать контент) — это не по-человечески. Однако и безучастно смотреть никак не можем. Поэтому у нас к вам большая просьба — пожалуйста, внесите Riot Pixels в «белый список» вашего блокировщика. Это поможет нам и дальше жить и развиваться, а вам ничего не будет стоить.

Спасибо!
Команда Riot Pixels.